Systekn.com is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission.
GoPro Hero9 Black was launched on September 16, 2020. The new GoPro Hero9 Black will feature a sensor capable of taking 20 MP RAW and HDR photos and video at 5k 30 fps. It will able to shoot in slow-motion at up to 240 fps or 8x. The Hero9 will feature voice control and will be waterproof to 33 feet. GoPro Hero9 will feature the improved HyperSmooth 3.0. The camera will feature the rear touchscreen and the brand-new front display for easy framing and vlog-style recording. The GoPro will come with the new TimeWarp 3.0, with webcam mode right out of the box. The GoPro Hero9 will feature a 1720mAh battery, 40% larger than the current battery found in the GoPro Hero8 Black.
GoPro Hero9 Black Specifications
Key Features - Built-In Mounting with Folding Fingers, HERO9 Black Mods Compatibility, HyperSmooth 3.0 Video Stabilization, TimeWarp 3.0 Video, SuperPhoto + Improved HDR, Night Lapse Video, Digital Lenses, Live Streaming in 1080p, Webcam Mode, Power Tools (HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture, Duration Capture), Voice Control with Wake on Voice, RAW in All Photo Modes, Presets + On-Screen Shortcuts, Intuitive Touch Screen, Touch Zoom, Portrait Orientation, Photo Timer, Rugged + Waterproof to 33ft (10m), 8x Slo-Mo, 100Mbps Bit Rate, Face, Smile, Blink, + Scene Detection, Exposure Control, GP1 Chip, Protune, Rechargeable Battery (1720mAh Li-Ion), Protective Housing Compatible.
Audio Features - 3.5mm Audio Mic Input with Media Mod for HERO9 Black or Pro 3.5 Mic Adapter (Sold Separately), RAW Audio Capture (.wav Format), Advanced Wind-Noise Reduction, Stereo Audio.
Connected Features - Wi-Fi + Bluetooth, GPS Enabled, Connects to GoPro App, Auto Offload to Phone, Auto Upload to the Cloud with GoPro Subscription, The Remote Compatible (Coming Soon), HDMI Port with Media Mod for HERO9 Black (Sold Separately), USB-C Port.
- More resolution. Shoot stunning 5K video that maintains serious detail even when zooming in and capturing 14.7MP frame grabs. Also records in 4K, 2.7K, 1440p and 1080p.
- More pixels. Capture crisp, pro-quality 20MP photos—and use SuperPhoto to make sure you get the shot.
- Max Lens Mod. The new Max Lens Mod delivers unbreakable Max HyperSmooth stabilization and Max SuperView, Our widest-angle perspective yet.
- More screens. A new front display serves up a live preview for easy selfie framing—while the large rear touch screen delivers intuitive control.
- More stability. HyperSmooth 3.0—now featuring
in-camerahorizon leveling—is our most advanced stabilization ever.
- 8x Slo-Mo. HERO9 Black captures up to 240 frames per second for astonishing 8x slo-mo.
- More acceleration. Record mesmerizing time-lapse videos with TimeWarp 3.0. Go all out or tap Speed Ramp to slow the action while recording.
- HindSight. Capture up to 30 seconds of footage before you start recording. Even if you press the shutter button too late, you’ll still get the shot.
- LiveBurst. Record 1.5 seconds before and after your shot. Find the best pic or share it as a short video.
One of the features of the GoPro camera is that it can be used as a webcam. To do this you need to have the latest camera firmware update and the GoPro Webcam application installed.
Getting Started with GoPro Webcam for Mac
Download GoPro Webcam desktop utility and install the software on your computer. In the Status bar, you will now see a GoPro icon. Connect the camera to the computer via a USB port and turn it on. In the status bar, the GoPro icon will display a blue dot to indicate a successful connection. Click on the GoPro icon in the status bar and select “Show Preview”. This gives you the ability to understand your Wide field of view prior to going live.
Getting Started with GoPro Webcam for Windows (Beta)
Update your HERO8 Black or HERO9 Black to the latest firmware, via the GoPro App or by a manual update. Download and install the GoPro Webcam App on your computer. Power on your camera and connect it to your computer using a USB cable. The camera will go into USB mode. To preview your webcam setup, right-click on the GoPro icon in the status bar and select "Show Preview". This will give you the ability to understand your Wide field of view prior to going live. Open your webcam application (Skype, Zoom) and select "GoPro Camera" as your preferred camera.
Update your camera using the GoPro app
The GoPro app is the quickest, easiest way to update your camera–all you need is a smartphone or tablet and access to Wi-Fi. You can also use the app to control your camera remotely, view your photos and videos and share on the fly.