Systekn.com is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission.
DJI Mini 2 was launched by the manufacturer DJI at the price of USD $ 449, and for the Fly More Combo version at the price of USD $ 599. This combo contains two more intelligent flight batteries, two spare propellers, and twelve more screws. You also get a Two-Way Charging Hub, a DJI Mini 2 Propeller Holder, a DJI 18W USB Charger, and a DJI Mini 2 Shoulder Bag. Purchasing the DJI Mini 2 Fly More Combo is significantly cheaper than purchasing the drone and these accessories separately. It can be purchased from the official website store.dji.com or Amazon.com.
Weighing only 249 grams, like its DJI Mavic Mini predecessor, this drone does not need to be registered in some countries or regions. DJI Mini 2 is equipped with a 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor with up to 12 million effective pixels. The maximum video resolution of DJI Mini 2 is 4K/30fps. As for photos, the maximum is 4000×3000 (4:3)/4000×2250 (16:9).
DJI Mini 2 has a 4K camera resolution and Occusync 2.0 with double frequency (2.4 and 5.8 GHz), more powerful motors, and the plastic from which it is made is harder than the one used in Mavic Mini. It has no errors, does not freeze the image, has no interference and is quieter. If you're wondering where they managed to lose weight, the batteries are lighter, they weigh about 82 grams compared to 100+ grams from the Mini, they are still smart and self-discharging, which the former did not know how to do. The batteries from Mavic Mini to Mini 2 are also suitable, only the weight will exceed the threshold of 250 grams. A new feature of the DJI Mini 2 allows users to quickly transfer photos and videos to the DJI Fly app on your mobile device. With QuickTransfer, users can quickly download their videos for instant sharing.
The charging hub also received an upgrade, it has a Type-C plug. The batteries charge faster, 82 minutes from zero to 100% compared to 90 minutes as in the Mavic Mini. The charger is the same with Quick Charge 3.0 technology with 5V/3A, 9V/2A and 12V/1.5A output. The remote control is the same model as the one from Mavic Air 2 and goes interchanged with it, once updated to the latest firmware. It has a double battery, USB Type-C plug, integrated antenna with phone holder. Switching between Cinema, Normal and Sport modes is easier, from the button that is now located on the remote control. DJI Mini 2 comes with a new larger bag that fits the drone, remote control and all accessories.
If you want to upgrade from Mavic Mini to Mini 2 and start over with the purchase of accessories, you should know that all the accessories from Mavic Mini work, including the propeller guards, the loading hub, the filters, etc.
Important: If you have Mavic Air 2 and you bought Dji Mini 2, you must upgrade to DJI Fly App to version 1.2.0 or newer! If you do not do this, the drone will not connect to the application.
- OcuSync 2.0 is DJI’s powerful image transmission system. It features stronger interference resistance thanks to automatic frequency switching, delivering clear video transmission feeds from distances of up to 10 km (when unobstructed, free of interference, and FCC-compliant).
- DJI Mini 2 has significantly improved its wind resistance during flight and can be reliably flown in up to 29-38kph winds. It can also hover stably when wind speeds are as high as 8.5-10.5 m/s.
- The maximum flight altitude is 500 m and the max takeoff altitude is 4000 m, but this can vary by country and region due to local laws. Always be aware of the rules and regulations for your aircraft in your area before flying.
- Like the Mavic Mini, the DJI Mini 2 has no option to avoid obstacles. DJI Mini 2’s downward sensors along with its GPS aid with positioning and stability.
- Thanks to features like smart Return to Home, automatic takeoff, and precise hovering, the operation is more streamlined and safer.
- The intuitive editor of the DJI Fly app includes a diverse set of creative templates. Flying, shooting, editing, and sharing can be done easier than ever, allowing you to create and share anywhere, anytime.
DJI Mini 2 vs. Mavic Mini Comparison:
1. Improved Camera Performance
- Mavic Mini has a video resolution of 2.7K, while DJI Mini 2 is capable of 4K/30fps video, offering higher-quality footage for those looking for more professional-looking content.
- DJI Mini 2 also supports 4x digital zoom, providing more options. When recording family, friends, or pets, you can safely capture your subject without flying too close.
- Mavic Mini only supports JPEG format, while DJI Mini 2 supports both JPEG and RAW in photo mode and timed shooting, providing more flexibility for post-processing.
2. Safer Flight Performance
- DJI Mini 2 features an improved propulsion system with a significant increase in max flight speed and wind resistance, allowing for a more flexible range of shooting locations and conditions. Mavic Mini has a max speed of 13 m/s, while Mini 2 can fly up to 16 m/s. Compared to level 4 wind resistance, level 5 wind resistance ensures Mini 2 can withstand a variety of shooting conditions.
3. Enhanced Transmission Stability
- DJI’s cutting-edge OcuSync 2.0 technology is now available for DJI Mini 2, extending its transmission range with stronger resistance against signal interference. Built-in OcuSync 2.0 allows DJI Mini 2 to adjust automatically between two frequencies, which extends Mini 2’s max transmission distance to 10 km for even more flexibility.
4. More Intelligent Functions
- DJI Mini 2 and Mavic Mini are fantastic for first-time pilots thanks to the intuitive DJI Fly app, Return to Home function, and a variety of other intelligent features designed to make every flight easy, memorable, and a ton of fun. DJI Mini 2 features the same one-tap QuickShots as Mavic Mini (Dronie, Circle, Helix, and Rocket) and throws Boomerang into the mix. 4K Hyperlapse and Panorama are also added to this new Mini 2 drone.
- Mini 2 also includes the all-new Enhanced Photo. It allows you to download automatically enhanced photos directly in the DJI Fly app, which can be shared to social media almost instantly.
- QuickTransfer means you can download content from Mini 2 at a speed of 20 MB/s when Mini 2 is close to your smartphone. By using Trimmed Download, users can easily cut out a segment of a long video to edit and download.